“The company Señorío de Barahonda S.L. is a winery dedicated to the production and marketing of red, white and rosé wines with Yecla designation of origin, both for the national market and for export.
Within a traditionally wine area such as the term of Yecla in Murcia, where the continental climate with Mediterranean influence and scarce rainfall come together, together with limestone and permeable soils, generate an ideal condition for the cultivation of the vine, which together with our advanced techniques of elaboration and aging as well as a careful control of the grape from its production plot, It is what has generated that our wines have an excellent quality and acceptance in the market.
The family tradition of the company, with origins in 1925 through the Candela family, has led to apply an artisanal spirit to our wines and that, with the application of technologically advanced systems for the control of our processes and through an integrated management of quality and the environment, leads us to the placing on the market of excellent wines for the consumer.
In Barahonda we are committed to the protection of the environment so that our activity is carried out within the framework of sustainable development, including the prevention of pollution and other specific commitments relevant to the context of the organization, as well as the rational use of the resources we use. This will allow us to actively participate in the conservation of the natural wealth of a protected environment in which we operate so that the satisfaction of its society is linked to responsible behavior; All this always within the framework of a commitment and compliance with the applicable legal requirements and others that we subscribe, the continuous improvement of the environmental management system and the prevention and minimization of environmental impacts where we can influence the improvement of environmental performance.
For our positioning in the market we have assumed the following commitments:
- Manufacture of safe and authentic products that meet the quality requirements of customers, legislation and regulations applicable both in quality levels and related to environmental aspects.
- Provide the customer with products of excellent quality with brand image, and also a service according to their expectations which will lead us to achieve their satisfaction and loyalty.
- Comply with the requirements of all external stakeholders, legal and regulatory, such as those of our clients, the Regulatory Council of D.O. Yecla or others that we subscribe.
- Apply in a continuous and sustainable way an integrated quality and environmental management system, with the permanent objective of continuous improvement of the efficiency of the system, through controls and innovations in the processes of selection in plot, elaboration and aging, the use of cutting-edge technologies and resorting to the professionalism of our staff.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment minimizing the risks of incidents and favoring internal communication at all levels.
- Participate in the protection of the environment minimizing significant adverse environmental impacts in our activities, processes and products, through prevention, continuous improvement and the establishment and review of environmental objectives and goals in our organizational system.
- Commitment and leadership of management in the culture of food safety at all levels of the organization to make reality and reflect the ethical quality and environmental policy of the company.
Barahonda, in short, has an ethical company policy to achieve the objectives of conduct that are governed in the company. These guidelines are based on the following principles:
- Respect: in Barahonda unwanted or annoying behaviors that incite intimidation, harassment and / or abuse by any employee or external personnel will not be tolerated. Discrimination based on gender, race, ethnicity, religion, political affiliation, marital status is prohibited… In addition to complying with the established requirements, Barahonda is committed to respecting internationally recognized Human Rights.
- Cooperation and teamwork: Barahonda values the unique contribution that each person makes to create an inclusive and diverse work environment in which we all have the opportunity to carry out our work in the best possible way, fulfilling the responsibilities of their job in accordance with the principles of loyalty to the company, Good faith, integrity and respect for legality and ethical criteria.
- Capacity for action: each of Barahonda’s employees and external personnel must assume the responsibility of acting fully and fulfilling their respective responsibilities: acting in a professional, safe and ethical manner in accordance with the standards and knowing and complying with the provisions of the applicable regulations. In addition, those employees with the mission of leading teams of people must watch over the people under their responsibility, lead by example and support staff when they have doubts or transmit concerns, always offering them a comfortable work environment.
- Health and Safety: Barahonda is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for employees and external personnel who visit or work at our facilities. To achieve this, Barahonda incorporates safety and health in all activities and undertakes to: always use the required safety equipment and not handle them, as well as inform and train staff on health and safety measures; not to work or visit facilities when they are disabled as a result of alcohol, drugs (including prescription or over-the-counter medication) or lack of sleep… and ensure that risks are assessed and appropriate measures are taken in advance to avoid them.
Señorío de Barahonda S.L., through its Management, undertakes to provide sufficient support and resources for compliance with this policy, within the framework of a sustainable improvement appropriate to the technical, legal and social changes that may occur.”
Yecla on February 2, 2023